The Tale of Two Princes: A Fanfiction on The Great Gatsby

Hello again! It seems my obsession with The Great Gatsby has taken a rather interesting turn: fan fiction. Honestly, I don’t know how to feel about this one, so I’ll leave you to be the judge of it!

 

Tom ground his teeth, willing the order of the king, of his father, to be untrue. As the eldest, and only, prince of the kingdom, he had no choice but to obey his king’s latest orders, orders that included an arranged marriage to the perfect, golden girl. To Princess Daisy Fay. Only the best of the best for the best. Beside him, Nick struggled to hold in his laugh. Of course, he was to marry Nick’s cousin. The only problem with this whole arrangement was the stupid courtesan. The young lady who, Nick very well knows, would throw a fit beyond belief if she found out about this new development. This must have been a fitting punishment then for what he’d done with that lady.

“Serves you right for the way you’ve treated Lady Myrtle. Now you get the privilege of marrying a woman no one has ever seen or met before.” Jay Gatsby’s voice drifted through the open courtyard doors from where he stood studying Tom’s latest collection of books.

“Please refrain from your sly comments about my dear cousin Jay. She’s supposed to be the most beautiful woman anyone has ever laid their eyes on. Alas, I can’t attest to that since my dearest uncle has had her confined to her castle since she was born. Tom, regardless of whether you want to, you too are a prince. The least you can do is marry Daisy and try to be happy. I mean, you didn’t actually think you could marry Myrtle, right? She’s a commoner who was by chance picked to be a lady’s maid and inherited the lady’s title after the poor woman died.” Nick’s statement came out rather harsh, making Tom hesitate to reply. Of course, he knew he couldn’t marry Myrtle, but that didn’t mean he never envisioned a life together.

“Jay, stop narrating my thoughts. I can’t believe my father. He’s never seen the girl before, matter of fact, no one has. I’m not going to marry someone I’ve never laid my eyes on just because of that old man’s order. I mean, she could be a crone for goodness’s sake.” Panic drenched every single word that came out of Tom’s mouth as he dropped the football in the courtyard and made his way to Gatsby's side. Panic and horror as he met Jay Gatsby’s eyes and realized that there was going to be no changing his father’s mind, just accepting, and marrying the Golden Princess of Etheria Daisy Fay.

 

Well, that’s the end of my glimpse into an AU where Tom, Nick, and Daisy are royalty while Gatsby and Myrtle are courtesans. I hope you enjoyed it!

 

Signing off for now,

Reality Sucks

Comments

  1. Great story, I wish this was the actual plot at this point. well written...to good. I want to read more of this story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how you told the story from a more monarchy type perspective. I loved how you maintained the role of each character through-out the Fanfic

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Want a Child

The Final One

A Letter From My Mind: What is left for us?